1.In some countries, more people choose to live by themselves in recent years. What are the reasons? Is it a positive or negative development for society?
2.Some people think that technology makes life complex, so we should make life simpler without using the technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3.Some people think that sport has an important role in society. Others, however, feel that it is nothing more than a leisure activity for some people. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4.It is a good thing for those in the senior management position to have higher salaries than other workers in the same company or organization. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5.Some said teachers’ main role is to transmit information. Nowadays students are exposed to many kinds of information, so the role of the teacher will not work in modern education. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
6.Human activities have negative effect on plants and animal species. Some people think it is too late to do anything about this problem. Other people believe that effective measures can be taken to improve this situation. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7.Some people believe that parents should take punishments for the crime of their children. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8.The range and quality of food have been improved with the development of technology and scientific advance. Some people think it is good and others think it is harmful. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
9.Some people think getting old is entirely bad. However, others think that life of the elderly in modern world is much easier than it was in the past. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Research shows that overeating can be just as harmful as smoking. Thus the advertising of certain food products should be banned, as cigar is banned in many countries. Do you agree or disagree? (20141113)
The government has the duty to ensure its citizens have a healthy diet, while others believe it is individuals’ responsibility. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (20140719)
Both women and men have full time job, it is logical that they should share the housework tasks equally. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (20140510)
Films and computer games containing violence are popular. Some people say they have negative effects on society and should be banned. Others say they are just harmless relaxation. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (20111029)
Some people think government should ban dangerous sports and some others think it is a freedom to choose the activities we want to. Discuss both view and give your opinion.(20140809)
1. Difference between countries are becoming less evident recently. People can see the same films, brands, fashion, advertisements and TV channels. To what extent do disadvantage outweigh advantages? (20160109A)
2. During the 20th century, contacts between different parts of the world developed quickly, thanks to air travel and telecommunication. To what extent do you think societies benefits from increased contact and closer relationship brought about by international tourism and business? (20140821)
1. Shops should not be allowed to sell any food and drinks which are proved to be scientifically harmful for people's health. Do you agree or disagree?(20141213)
2. Countries should try to produce all the food for the population and import as little food as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (20110226)
1. In the era with advanced science and technology, people still greatly value artists such as musicians, painters and writers. What can the arts tell us of the life that science cannot?(20110716)
2. Some people think people working in creative arts should be financially supported by government. Others think they should find financial support from other resources. Discuss both sides and give your opinion. (20151031)
1. It is important to preserve both the culture and environment of the places you visit, but some people think it is impossible to be a responsible tourist. To what extent do you agree or disagree?(20131207)
2. Nowadays it is more convenient and easier for people to travel to other countries, do the advantages of this development outweigh its disadvantages?(20121020)
3. Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists, not local people. Why is this the case and what can be done to attract local people.(20150207)
4. International travel often lead people have some prejudices rather than broad minds. What are the main reasons of this phenomenon? What do you think people can get better understanding of the countries they visit? (20150813)
5. Some people think that it is necessary to travel abroad to learn about other countries, but others believe that it is not necessary to travel abroad because all the information can be seen on TV and from the internet. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (20141018)