Listen to a teacher or school staff member talking to students. Then answer the question.
Sample Item A
1. What is the subject of the announcement?
The school will be adding new classes.
Three new teachers will be working at the school.
Some students have received an award.
The school is getting its own newspaper.
Sample Item B
2. What does the teacher want the students to do?
Take everything out of their desks
Put the painting supplies in plastic bags
Bring paints with them to school on Monday
Put covers on their desks to keep the paint off
Now you will hear a longer conversation and a teacher talking to a class. Each is followed by four questions.
Sample Set A
3. What are the speakers mainly discussing?
A new art project in the city
An assignment for their art class
An art display inside the public library
A painting that the girl saw downtown
4. Why is the boy excited?
A famous artist is going to visit his class.
His artwork might be seen by many people.
His class might visit an art museum.
He is getting a good grade in his art class.
5. Where does the boy say he may go this weekend?
To the zoo
To an art store
To Main Street
To the public library
6. Why does the girl suggest that the boy go to the art room?
So that he can hand in his homework
So that he can sign up for a class trip
So that he can see a new painting
So that he can talk to the teacher
Sample Set B
7. What is the main topic of the talk?
A newly discovered type of ant
A type of ant with unusual skills
An increase in the population of one type of ant
A type of ant that could be dangerous to humans
8. According to the teacher, what is one activity that both leafcutter ants and people do?
Clean their food
Grow their own food
Eat several times a day
Feed their young special food
9. What does the teacher say many people think must be true about leafcutter ants?
They eat leaves.
They live in plants.
They have sharp teeth.
They are especially large.
10. What did the experiments show about leafcutter ants?
How fast they grow
Which plants they eat
Where they look for leaves
How much weight they can carry