1.As a student of university that has a long break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break:
students must take a course on the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study.
students must volunteer to work in the city where the university is located or their hometowns to improve some aspects of life of the city or their own town.
which one do you think is more beneficial for students in their university. Why?
2.Sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. Do your agree or disagree the following statement? The group will be helped more by members who are willing to do what other group members want them to do than by those who strongly insist that things should be done in a different way.
3.Rather than help their children do schoolwork, parents should encourage their children do their homework independently.
4.It is better to relax by watching a movie or reading a book than doing physical exercises.
5.It is better for people to have friends who are intelligent than to have friends who have a good sense of humor.
6.Some young people are free in the evenings or have days off at school, which way can bring them the most benefit?
to accumulate work experience by a part-time job or volunteering in a community
learning to play a sport
learning to play a musical instrument
7. At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some universities, experts are hired to make these decisions, students almost never involved. Which approach do you prefer and why.
8. A city wants to help teachers of its high school students (age14-18)improve their teaching. It is considering two plans:
1) Choose a small group of excellent teachers; these teachers will attend a class led by an expert for additional training in how to teach effectively, and they will then come back to their schools and provide that training for other teachers in school.
2) Provide additional training in teaching effectively for high school teachers, using online material that each teacher will study individually.
9. Students aged 13-18 are taught different subjects by different teachers while younger students are taught by only one teacher all day long. Some people suggest it would benefit young students to be taught by different teachers. Do you agree with this view? Why or why not?